Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BOB

Well when I was first introduced to matrices, it looked a little difficult until Mr.K showed us that we can use our hands to do this, it sparked some interest in me. I'm a kinesthetic learner, which basically means I'm a physical learning or I learn with my hands. So grasping how to add and subtract and multiply wasn't difficult at all because I could use my hand and memorizing the rules wasn't to bad either. That was UNTIL the latest homework assignment on the hand out "Transition Matrices." For some reason i can't get past creating the matrices, because of a one little word. PROBABILITY. It is almost like I have a phobia of probability, because any time i see it my mind goes blank. Which is understandable because that isn't one of my strengths in math. But that is OK because that tells me what I need to work on. Anyways, I may not be able to get them on my own, But it helps a lot to go over what i don't get in class. It wasn't until being in class and talking to people did i understand what I did wrong. Mr.K was so right, Learning is a conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment