Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Did You Know?

Homework tonight is to email me. You have to get signed up as a contributor to our blog ASAP. Include the name of the class you are in when you email me.

In today's class we saw the movie: Did you know?



There was a lot of information packed into that 8 minutes. When I asked you to respond to what you had seen you were all very quiet. I know the first time I watched it I was a little overwhelmed and needed time to think about it. Actually, I watched it over again several times.

OK, you've had some time to think about it; now you can respond to it ...

  • What surprised you the most? Why was it surprising?

  • Did you learn anything? If so, what?

  • As you think about it now, does this change the way you think about school, learning or the purpose of getting an education? Is there anything you want to do differently related to school this year?

  • What Shift is happening?


Click on the [comments] link below and add your thoughts to the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. well this is actually my first time doing this blogging thing but, today in class when i watched the video, i thought it made a lot of sense because i thought many people from the other countries get pushed to get smarter because they want to come here. they are not trying to take our jobs they are just trying to make a better life for themselves coming here. the reason why we are not as smart as them is because we dont want to get really smart because we are not trying to go to their country, we already live in the country we want to live in. i forgot what else to answer but i think that soon enough the computer technolgy would be used more than any man or woman because in history, most machines took over a man or womans job because it was faster. well i think that this class will help me learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today in class I watched the video and there was a lot of information packed into those 8 minutes. I was surprised to find out that in China or India, there are more honor kids than kids that we have! That is what surprised me the most. Just because here in our well developed country, we have access to new ways of technology and everything. The kids in India and China don't have as good of an access to these technologies as we do. Like Chris said, I learned that these kids are not trying to take away our careers, but they're working much harder than we are to gain access to a better life. I guess people here take advantage of the opportunities that we have. This really changes the way I think about school. It really makes me want to try harder to get that career that I want in my life! Because there are so many opportunities in front of our faces, we just have to make the decision if we want to take it or not! I wnana take that opportunity, so I'm going to work hard! This video made me realize a lot

    ReplyDelete